Word Power Hour
IDIOMS AND PHRASAL VERBS
Our Word Power Hour course is an interactive 60-minute lesson on Skype with a Fluency Tutor. This course helps students improve their fluency by understanding the use of idioms and phrasal verbs in everyday English. Students who enroll in this course are also interested in our Word Power Hour Vocabulary course.
Using the Skype chat feature, the tutor types related idioms and phrasal verbs. Students are asked to:
- Define the meaning of the idiom or phrasal verb.
- Type a sentence using the idiom or phrasal verb.
- Type the sentence in a different tense.
- For students of all ages.
- Learn anywhere using a smartphone or any connected device.
STUDENTS WILL LEARN HOW TO
- Use idioms and phrasal verbs in everyday situations.
- Improve rhythm and intonation.
- Improve writing and grammar.
- Build self-confidence.
There are three levels in this Word Power Hour program:
- Level 1 – Beginner
- Level 2 – Intermediate
- Level 3 – Advanced
To find out your language proficiency level, take our Free Placement Test.
- $35 CAD
- 2 students: $25 CAD each
- 4 students: $15 CAD each
“Learning another language is not only learning different words for the same things but learning another way to think about things.” ~ Flora Lewis