Word Power Hour
START BUILDING YOUR VOCABULARY!
“Learning another language is not only learning different words for the same things but learning another way to think about things.”
~ Flora Lewis
Do you get frustrated when you can’t think of a word?
English Vocabulary is one of the most important aspects of the English language. It is necessary to build a strong foundation of English words. Research shows that knowing one form of a word does not indicate that learners know all forms of the word. There are many different forms of similar words. It is important to see and practice all of them.
Word Power Hour is an interactive 60-minute lesson with a “live” tutor on Skype. Our lessons will help you increase your English fluency. Students practice and remember new words to start using them immediately.
Using the Skype chat feature, the tutor types words. Students are asked:
- Type a sentence using the word.
- What are some synonyms (words that mean the same)?
- What are some antonyms (words that are the opposite)?
- Type the sentence in a different tense.
What will students learn?
- Vocabulary and Definitions
- Spelling and Pronunciation
- Tenses and Sentence Structure
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Learn anywhere using a smartphone or any connected device
- Increase vocabulary used in everyday situations
- Improve speaking, writing, and grammar
- Build self-confidence
- For students of all ages
The Placement Test includes 100 (multiple choice) grammar questions to determine your English language proficiency level. The results of the test generate a personalized Learning Plan that includes lessons to target the student’s language skill weaknesses. Students are required to complete the test prior to starting the course to be placed in one of three levels for lessons. Each level of this course will teach you hundreds of new words!
- Level 1 – Beginner
- Level 2 – Intermediate
- Level 3 – Advanced
- 1 student: $35 CAD
- 2 students: $25 CAD each
- 4 students: $15 CAD each