Word Power Hour
Do you get frustrated when you can’t think of a word?
Vocabulary is one of the most important aspects of learning the English language. It is necessary to build a strong foundation of English words. Knowing one form of a word does not mean understanding all forms of that word. It is important to learn and practice each of them.
Word Power Hour is an interactive 60-minute lesson with a “live” tutor on Skype. Our lessons will help you increase your English fluency. Students practice and remember new words to start using them immediately.
Using the Skype chat feature, the tutor types words. Students are asked:
- Type a sentence using the word.
- What are some synonyms (words that mean the same)?
- What are some antonyms (words that are the opposite)?
- Type the sentence in a different tense.
What do students learn?
- Vocabulary and Definitions
- Spelling and Pronunciation
- Tenses and Sentence Structure
- Synonyms, Antonyms, and Homonyms
What are the benefits?
- Learn anywhere using a smartphone or any connected device
- Increase vocabulary used in everyday situations
- Improve speaking, writing, and grammar
- Build self-confidence
- For students of all ages
Students must sign up for a free trial lesson with a Fluency Tutor to determine their level prior to starting lessons. There are hundreds of words to learn in each level!
- Level 1 – Beginner
- Level 2 – Intermediate
- Level 3 – Advanced
- 1 student: $35 CAD
- 2 students: $25 CAD each
- 4 students: $15 CAD each