Word Power Hour
Do you get frustrated when you can’t think of a word?
Word Power Hour is an interactive 60-minute lesson with a “live” tutor on Skype to help you become a more proficient speaker. Increase your English vocabulary in everyday situations and build self-confidence!
Vocabulary is one of the most important aspects of the English language. It is necessary to build a strong foundation of English words. Research shows that knowing one form of a word does not indicate that learners know all forms of the word. There are many different forms of similar words. It is important to see and practice all forms.
“Learning another language is not only learning different words for the same things but learning another way to think about things.” ~ Flora Lewis
There are three levels in our Word Power Hour program to improve your English fluency. Each level of this course will teach you hundreds of words – with practice exercises to help you remember these new words and use immediately.
- Level 1 is for Beginner students
- Level 2 is for Intermediate students
- Level 3 is for Advanced students
Using the Skype chat feature, the tutor types words and then asks each student:
- What is the definition of the word?
- Type an example sentence using the word.
- Change the tense of the sentence.
- Type a synonym (a word that means the same).
- Type an antonym (a word that is the opposite).
What will students learn?
- Vocabulary and Definitions
- Spelling and Pronunciation
- Tenses and Sentence Structure
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Phrasal Verbs
Free Vocabulary Journal included
- Become a more proficient user of the English language
- Learn anywhere using a smartphone or any connected device
- Increase vocabulary used in everyday situations
- Improve speaking, writing, and grammar
- Build self-confidence
2 students: $25 CAD each
4 students: $15 CAD each