CELPIP Writing Tasks
- Email completed tasks: email@example.com
- A Certified CELPIP Instructor will mark and assess your tasks and provide feedback.
Task 1: Write an Email
You live in an apartment near a building site. Recently, the construction workers have begun working on the site early every morning until late in the evening. Their work disturbs you because it makes a lot of noise.
Write a 150-200 word email to the owner of the building company. Your email should do the following:
- Give information about where you live
- Describe the problem and how it affects you.
- Say how you think the owner could resolve the issue.
Task 2: Respond to a Survey
The city where you live recently received a large sum of money from the government. The city council will use the money to benefit local people. They’ve asked for all taxpayers to respond to a survey by choosing one of the following options:
Option A: Money – Each adult resident in the city would receive $500.00
Option B: Tax Rebate – All taxpayers would get a rebate of up to $600 at the end of the year.
Write 150-200 words. Be sure to include the following:
- The option that you prefer.
- Explain the reasons for your choice.
- What are the problems with the other choice?