CELPIP Writing Tasks
- Complete Writing Task 1 and 2 and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Task 1: Write an Email
You are a professor at a university. One of your students has excellent ideas and studies hard. However, this person is thinking about dropping out and finding a job instead of finishing university.
Write a 150-200 word email to your student.
- Explain why this person is a good student.
- Describe some disadvantages of dropping out.
- Mention some advantages of finishing and graduating from university.
Task 2: Respond to a Survey
You live in a large apartment building. The building owner is planning to improve the building by adding either a large multi-function room where residents could meet or have events or adding a fitness centre. The owner has asked for all residents in the building to complete an opinion survey.
Option A: Multi-Function Room: This room would have enough space to hold up to 80 people.
Option B: Fitness Centre: This room would be free to use by up to 12 residents at one time.
Write 150-200 words:
- Choose the option that you prefer.
- Explain the reasons for your choice and why you prefer it.