CELPIP Test Prep Program
About Our Program
We deliver the official CELPIP Prep Program online through the CELPIP Network. The program was developed by individuals who are familiar with not only the theoretical parts of the test but also the unique style and tone. These developers have been exposed to real-life responses from hundreds of test-takers and have witnessed the common mistakes encountered.
What does this mean? Our online training is highly relevant to the test!
Private coaching to help you succeed on test day!
Free Study Materials
- Student Guide containing lessons, worksheets, and answer keys.
- Vocabulary Journal to record new words and definitions.
- Practice Test Voucher to experience taking the full test.
The four modules in our CELPIP Prep Program include Speaking, Writing, Reading, and Listening as outlined below.
The CELPIP Speaking module consists of learning and practicing the eight tasks in the Speaking component of the test.
Task 1: Giving Advice
Task 2: Talking about a Personal Experience
- Organizing thoughts
- Giving advice
- Using “WH” questions for narratives
- Time expressions
Task 3: Describing a Scene
Task 4: Making Predictions
- Prepositions of location
- Describing details
- Describing and making predictions
- Making predictions from a scene
Task 5: Comparing and Persuading
Task 6: Dealing with a Difficult Situation
- Comparing and persuading
- Inflection and intonation
- Giving effective reasons
Task 7: Expressing Opinions
Task 8: Describing an Unusual Situation
- Stating an opinion
- Weak vs. convincing reasons
The CELPIP Writing module consists of learning and practicing the two tasks in the Writing component of the test.
Task 1: Writing an Email
- Writing emails
- Email Conventions: Greetings, Openings, Closings, and Sign-offs
- Purpose: Complain, Thank, Request, Apologize, Explain
- Idioms and Phrasal Verbs
- Indirect questions
- Avoiding repetition
- Time sequencers
Task 2: Responding to Survey Questions
- Expressing an opinion
- Using conjunctions
- Supporting details
- Concluding sentences
- Identifying common errors
The CELPIP Reading module consists of learning and practicing the four tasks in the Reading component of the test.
Task 1: Reading Correspondence
- Skimming and scanning
- Active vs. passive readers
- Getting meaning from context
- Eliminating wrong answers
- Improving your reading speed
Task 2: Reading to Apply a Diagram
- Understanding coherence and applying logic
- Locating specific information
- Recognizing a writer’s purpose and tone
Task 3: Reading for Information
- Understanding paragraph components
- Identifying main ideas in paragraphs
Task 4: Reading for Viewpoints
- Understanding meaning based on context
- Eliminating wrong answers
- Identifying viewpoints
- Fact or opinion
The CELPIP Listening module consists of learning and practicing the six parts in the Listening component of the test.
Part 1: Listening to Problem Solving
- Question types
- Intro to test-taking strategies
- Introduction to vocabulary-building
Part 2: Listening to a Daily Life Conversation
Part 3: Listening for Information
- Establishing context
- Part 2 Note-taking strategies: Location and time
- Part 3 Note-taking strategies: Main ideas and supporting details
Part 4: Listening to a News Item
- Using abbreviations for note-taking
- Note-taking to record facts
Part 5: Listening to a Discussion
- Visual clues
- Relevant vs. irrelevant information
Part 6: Listening to Viewpoints
- Recognizing facts and opinions
- Differentiating between summaries and paraphrases
- Identifying the pros and con
- PACKAGE: $625 CAD (all 4 modules)
- 20 lessons total = 5 lessons per module (60-minutes each)
- MODULES: $200 CAD each
- 5 lessons per module (60-minute lessons)