CELPIP Speaking Express
Increase your Speaking score!
Practice CELPIP Speaking Tasks 1-8:
- 1-on-1 online lessons (60-minutes each)
- Practice all 8 Speaking Tasks
- Get review and feedback
- Get examples of high scoring responses
- Choose a day and time that is convenient
- Get matched with a certified CELPIP teacher
Students will learn about:
- Organizing thoughts to speak about everyday situations
- Pronunciation, Rhythm, Intonation
- Giving advice
- Using questions (who, what, when, where, why, how)
- Time expressions and transitions
- Using intonation and inflexion
- Creating informative descriptions
- Making predictions
- Making choices
- Making comparisons
- Elaborating on reasons
- Improving grammar, sentence structure, and vocabulary
Assessment of Speaking Tasks 1-8
Speaking tasks are assessed using the following framework which is also used by CELPIP raters on the official test:
- Does the speaker address the task?
- Does the speaker speak clearly with minimal pauses and hesitations?
- Does the speaker accurately use a wide variety of words?
- Does the speaker use time indicators to add depth and detail to the response?
- Does the speaker avoid repeating ideas?
- Is the speaker’s tone appropriate for the social context of the task?
- Does the speaker use appropriate rhythm, pronunciation, and intonation patterns?
- Does the speaker conclude with an appropriate closing remark?
- Does the response contain ideas that are well organized, easy to follow, and express precise and/or deeper levels of meaning?
- Is the response long enough?
- $40.00 per lesson
Our CELPIP Instructors