Congratulations on your decision to join our online Community of Tutors!
- Native English-speaker with neutral accent
- Nationality: Canada, USA, UK, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand
- TESOL/TEFL Certificate or completion of our TESOL Certificate for Online Teaching program
- ESL teaching experience (minimum 6 months, online preferred)
Benefits of Becoming a Fluency Tutor
- Belonging to a community based on three core values: honesty, integrity, transparency
- Easily access information directly in your Tutor Profile:
- OPPORTUNITIES for current jobs
- NEWS to stay up-to-date with everything going on
- Send direct MESSAGES to ask us questions
- Continuous support before, during and after job placement
Record a Self-Intro Video
Your video is your initial introduction to our Partners. This is where first impressions will really count.
NOTE: Previously recorded videos will not be accepted.
- Use the internal camera on any device to record your video
- Record your video in the area of your home where you teach; against a white or neutral colored background
- Follow “What to Discuss” instructions below
- Be mindful to keep your video close to 2 minutes in length
What to Discuss in Your Video
- First name only
- Currently residence (City, Country)
In your own words, answer the following questions:
- Is English your first language?
- Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree?
- What are your ESL certifications?
- How many years have you taught ESL?
- How many years have you taught online?
- How do you engage students online?
- What makes you an exceptional ESL teacher?
Follow instructions for uploading your video to YouTube and choosing the privacy settings.
Paste your YouTube video link into the form field.
Please note: It’s important not to remove your video from YouTube as it will break the link to it in your Tutor Profile.
Register to Become a Fluency Tutor!
IMPORTANT: Once your registration is approved, you will be able to login and complete your Tutor Profile. Be sure to log into your profile often to check for messages from us and view OPPORTUNITIES.