Gaby the Goose Storybook Program
Give Your Child the Gift of Lifelong Learning
Learning a second language happens easily when children are at an age when they are most impressionable. Research has proven that social-emotional skills are crucial for children to excel both socially and academically.
“Dream big little one, the sky is not your limit.” ~ Unknown
Our Gaby The Goose Storybook Program (part of our Fluency Kids Program) is for children ages 3-10. The main character in each of our stories is a Canada Goose named Gaby. In our first series: Gaby Travels the World, there are 12 storybooks that follow Gaby as she travels to 11 countries, and learns 12 valuable life skills. Our goal is to open the hearts and minds of young children through story-based lessons so that they become “global children.” Our stories and lessons have been designed to teach valuable life skills that promote Social and Emotional Learning. As children listen to our stories, they are introduced to the English language through commonly used vocabulary.
- Ages 2-6: Gaby the Goose Stories (up to 4 students per lesson).
- Ages 4-10: Gaby the Goose Stories and Lessons (2 students per lesson for peer learning).
- 30 or 60-minute online lessons via Zoom conferencing.
- 4 learning activities per lesson – 10 minutes per activity.
- WARM-UP ACTIVITY: The teacher reads digital flashcards introducing the new vocabulary used in the story (image and pronunciation included) – Kids listen
- STORYTIME ACTIVITY: The teacher reads the story that is displayed on the screen – Kids listen
- WRAP-UP ACTIVITY: Kids read digital flashcards to review the vocabulary used in the story – The teacher listens
- REVIEW ACTIVITY: Teacher and students review the “life lesson” learned
Message to Parents from the CEO
My name is Jacqueline Smith. I am the founder and CEO of Fluency Tutors. Thank you for your trust in us and congratulations on starting this exciting journey with your child to learn the English language. As teachers and parents, we must make a conscious effort to give our children the tools they need to prepare them for a future of academic achievement and success. This is our goal!
When I started Fluency Tutors in 2017, my dream was to connect English teachers with students of all ages in countries throughout the world. I chose the “heart-hands” symbol to represent my company because it is the international symbol of caring. This symbol represents the care that I have taken in developing our community of online tutors and the passion they have for teaching English and developing the minds of young learners.
This might be your child’s first time interacting with a native English speaker. We know that it is important for you to be involved in your child’s education. You will be sent reports to update you on your child’s progress.
We are always available to provide you with our support and guidance. We promise to deliver you and your child an exceptional online learning experience.