CELPIP Writing Tasks
- Complete Writing Task 1 and 2 and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Task 1: Write an Email
You recently stayed at a hotel for a few nights. The staff at the hotel were unprofessional and did not provide you with good care. It was the worst service you have ever received at a hotel.
In about 150 – 200 words, write an email to the hotel manager. Your email should do the following things:
- Explain when you stayed at the hotel, for how long, and why.
- Give some examples of the service you received.
- State how you feel about the hotel and its staff.
Task 2: Respond to a Survey
You study at a small college. The college president is planning to improve the campus either by adding a new computer centre where students could use computers and print out documents or by building a shopping area with space for a few stores. The president has asked students for their views.
Option A: Computer Centre: free for students daily from 7AM to 8PM
Option B: Shopping Area: with a bookshop, grocery store, and café.
Write about 150 – 200 words.
- Choose the option that you prefer.
- Explain the reasons for your choice.
- Why do you prefer it?
- What problems are there with the other choice?