CAEL Listening Module
LISTENING TASKS STRATEGIES
- Previewing: Use the pre-listening time to review questions and note questions types.
- Identifying Key Words: Key wors in some questions can help you recognize answers as you listen.
- Note-Taking: While listening, consider noting main ideas and key details, but be aware of time constraints.
- Deriving Meaning from Context: might need to guess the meaning of new words from the surrounding sentence. Try not to focus on unknown words.
- Reviewing: Use the post-listening time to check answers and ensure each question has been answered.