Meet the Founder
“If you look closely at our logo, you’ll see it forms the shape of a heart. We chose the universally recognized ‘heart-hands’ symbol because it truly represents who we are; a company with heart and tutors who care!” ~ Jacqueline
Jacqueline Smith, Founder and CEO – Vancouver, Canada
Jacqueline has worked in the Education industry for more than 25 years. She is a certified Adult Educator with three ESL Instructor Certifications: TESOL, IELTS Exam Prep and CELPIP Test Prep. Since Fluency Tutors began in 2017, through her vision and determination, Jacqueline has built an online community of like-minded professionals. With her community of ESL tutors living in countries and time zones throughout the world, Jacqueline has proven the strength in global unity!
Since starting in January 2017, Fluency Tutors has become one of the fastest growing online ESL companies in North America.
Based in the beautiful city of Vancouver, BC Canada, Fluency Tutors is Canadian owned and operated.
We are very honoured to be the recipient of two Canadian Business Awards:
In April 2019 Acquisition International awarded Fluency Tutors with the Canadian Business Award for
Best Online ESL Training Provider in Western Canada.
In March 2018 Acquisition International awarded Fluency Tutors with the Business Excellence Award for
Best ESL Teacher Training Provider in Western Canada.
- To build relationships with schools to meet their educational goals
- To offer a blended learning alternative to traditional classrooms
- To connect certified tutors to language learners globally
- Prepare students to adapt and communicate abroad
- Achieve a high standard in spoken and written English
- Promote cultural awareness within the global community
- Promoting honesty, integrity and transparency
- Believing in non-judgmental principles
- Encouraging open communication